Tuesday, May 1, 2007

San Diego Zoo

Last weekend I spent visiting my dear friend Bartek in San Diego. We spent most of the time talking about good old times and complaining about uncertain future. But we did find time to visit the world-famous San Diego Zoo. Actually, we liked it so much that we went there both on Saturday and on Sunday. I was not sure how much I would enjoy seeing animals in the zoo having experienced seeing many of them in the wild, but San Diego Zoo was so great and had so many animals that I hadn't seen before that it was still a very enjoyable experience.

Here is a photo of Bartek and me in front of the zoo:


On this picture you can see Komodo Dragon. I think it was the first time that I saw it. Even tough it did not move, I liked it a lot:


I believe it was also the first time that I saw okapi:


Sometimes it was not easy to spot some of the animals:


I was very impressed by this albino Burmese Python:


Guess whose ass is that:


Classic beauties:


Big attraction of the zoo were also peacocks that were allowed to walk freely wherever they wanted:


I also like a lot their little garden of insect-eating plants:


Allen's Swamp Monkeys were a real highlight of the zoo. As you can see from the photos below these guys can swim and dive!








Bonus 1: Two different species of bears:


Bonus 2: Two different species of elephants: