Wednesday, May 9, 2007

what I learnt from my LTRs

During one of the recent discussions I made a clearly wrong statement that I hadn’t learnt anything from my previous relationships. So I decided to sit down and think what I actually had learnt from them. Here is a list of things that I came up with:
1. I learnt that the best basis for the relationship is to give the other person ultimate freedom
2. I learnt that not always you can have what you want, and that not always what you want is the best for you
3. I learnt that "to love" and "to be in love" is not the same and that neither of them is sufficient for successful relationship
4. I learnt to talk openly about problems
5. I learnt to ask for help and to accept it
6. I learnt to separate love from sex
7. I learnt that a compromise is not a solution for everything and that I do not want my partner to compromise too much for me (even if he is willing to do that)
Probably this list is incomplete, but it does have major points in it. Thanks to all past boyfriends for bearing with me while I was learning those things. Let me know what else I should change. Be realistic tough, I will never be sixteen anymore ;-)