Tuesday, June 19, 2007

see you on the other side

Whenever I was deciding where to go for holidays I always did a lot of internet digging to find first-hand reports of like-minded people. In this way I found an internet journal of Kinga and Chopin. These guys started their trip in October 1998 in New York with 600$ in their pockets and with these money they managed to travel throughout both Americas, Australia, Asia and Europe. This trip took them five years. Detailed description of their adventures you can find on their webpage. After they came back to Europe Kinga wrote a book "Led by destiny", which is based on their experiences from all over the world. I haven't had a chance to read it, so I do not know if it is good, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't. After a year break in Europe Kinga decided to travel alone in Africa. I followed first few months of her trip on her new webapage dedicated to this trip. For various reasons I had not visited that webpage for several months and only two months ago I again checked it out. There I learnt that Kinga died a year ago in Ghana from cerebral malaria. I know that it does not make any sense, but I do feel like I lost a friend.

Kinga, see you on the other side: