Sunday, August 12, 2007

mind works in strange ways

Sebastian, Anne, Imke, Thomas and I played taboo tonight after dinner. Sometimes I found it very surprising what kind of connotations people were making.
Few examples that I remember:

S: Nowadays it's everywhere, mass...
I: Destruction!

(proper answer: media)


T: If there is constructions on the road...
We: Traffic jam...
T: then you need it...
We: Detour...
T: You need it more when it is cold...
We: Wheel chains...
T: It's kind of protection...
We: ?
T: You can also eat it...
We: ???

Time is out and Thomas reveals that he tried to explain "ear muffins".


I: I guess we all are it.
We: Scientists!
I: And how others would call us?
We: Nerd! Geek!

(answer: geek)


T: It's something that will grow soon in our garden...
We: Apples, plums, carrots, salad....
T: But it will not grow very well.
We: Pineapple, watermelon, grapes (and 1000 other things)

Time is out and we find out that it was "pepper".