Tuesday, August 14, 2007

tattoo

I decided to get a tattoo. The idea of having something that will stay with me for the rest of my life does not terrify me anymore. Especially, that apparently there soon will be a new kind of ink on the market which can be removed "with a single laser treatment that is simpler and less painful than the barrage of treatments now needed".
Moreover, careful examination of tattoos of many people convinced me that lower back provides an optimal location for a tattoo. It seems that skin there stays firm until the old age, so the tattoos located there look pretty good even on older women.
As for a pattern, I would like something more-or-less symmetrical, of general geometry of a triangle, preferable one color (black, maybe splash of red would be also fine) and containing a dragon (or other medieval beast). I still did not find anything that would really talk to me, but the ones below I find at least partially appealing (maybe after a few modifications one of them will do):

  1. two symmetric dragons for lower back
  2. one schematic dragon seen from the side
  3. one schematic dragon seen from the side with potential of being used for lower back after adding to it its own mirror reflection
  4. a single schematic artsy dragon that could be used on lower back
  5. two minimalistic symmetric dragons for lower back
  6. a blue-violet symmetric dragon that could be used on lower back
  7. a very schematic dragon
  8. a green-yellow dragon for lower back
  9. a cute red dragon with potential to be used on lower back (after the modification of black sides)