Tuesday, October 23, 2007

the last night's dream

I had a very disturbing dream last night. In this dream I met one of my friends while he was walking around with his father (and other unknown to me person) from one guillotine to the other and putting his head under its blade, apparently for fun, as he and people that accompanied him were laughing all the time. I remember telling him that he was playing with fire, that it was a dangerous game and that he should not do that, but they all replied together that it was fine, that my friend had been doing it since always, and that I should not worry. So I did not argue with him/them anymore. In the end he was a grown-up and his father was with him, so who was I to tell him what to do?

Then something else was happening in my dream (no recollection what it was) and few minutes later somebody came to me with the news that my friend died because the blade of one of the guillotines somehow unexpectedly dropped and severed my friend's head from his body... I immediately run to the place where it happened and I saw my friend's head rolling on the ground. The weird thing was that he was still smiling...

As disturbing this dream was, I did not feel very bad about it as I was all the time aware that it was just a dream. I am not sure if it was a dream within a dream, or if I was already waking up then and therefore knowing that it was not a real event.
I only remember making a mental note to myself to remember this dream and think what it could potentially mean after I wake up.