Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Point Tomales

Two days ago was the first anniversary of the very first hike that I did after moving to California.

My first hiking destination was Point Tomales. It was chosen and led by my dearest lab mate Lev. Also my friend Eugenio, who was at that time at a conference in San Francisco, was joining us. Three of us drove there in Lev's car, Swedish Love Machine, which is already an unforgettable experience in itself :)

The hike (15km round trip) was truly beautiful as most of the trail goes through a narrow peninsula with the Pacific Ocean on one side and Tomales Bay on the other. The views get even better once you reach Tomales Point as then you are surrounded by water on three sides and you can see (and hear) water splashing on the rocks beneath you. Additional attraction of this hike is presence of Tule Elks, the elk subspecies endemic to California.

Two photos of me and Eugenio taken by Lev: