Monday, March 10, 2008

camera upgrade

I know that I had said that I would only buy a wide angle lens for my SLR when the quality of my photos justifies further investment in photography, but I changed my mind :) I just couldn't resist anymore those sweet and thoughtful amazon recommendations of things that can make my camera even more happy and last Saturday I went ahead and bought following items:

1) Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
2) Tiffen 77mm UV Protection Filter
3) Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control for D50 & D70 Digital SLR Cameras
4) Nikon SB-600 Speedlight Flash for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
5) Sto-Fen OMNI-BOUNCE OM-600 - Flash diffuser
6) Digital Concepts TR-60N Camera Tripod with Carrying Case

I find it amazing that cost of all these accessories exceeds the cost of the camera itself. Also I also find it amusing that I will have to wait for my new lens 2-3 months as its demand is so high that Sigma can not manufacture it fast enough... Unfortunately, it probably means that it will not arrive before my trip to Italy at the beginning of May which is unlucky as this trip would provide great testing conditions for the new lens :(