Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Casio Exilim series

That is something truly impressive - the newest Casio Exilim F1 can take 60 (SIXTY) photos per second!!! My old Casio Exilim Z750 could take one photo per second (as any other compact digital camera that you own), my beloved Nikon D40 can take 2.5 photos per second and this new Casio Exilim F1 can take 60!!! Unbelievable.

I would say that if you often find yourself taking pictures of people doing sports that's the camera you want. It costs only around 1000$ and that sounds as excellent QPR to me.

I've been very pleased with the photo quality of Casio Exilim Z750 (e.g. all my Africa photos that are posted here where taken with that camera), so I have strong reasons to believe that Casio can make excellent "amateur"-type of cameras. In fact, I was so happy with my old Exilim that when it broke, I decided to replace it with the newer model of Exilim. This time I decided to buy Casio Exilim V8. I thought that it is a perfect choice for me as two major reasons why I would need a compact camera at all are: (1) taking movies; (2) taking photos underwater. (My Nikon D40 does not take movies and price of underwater housing for it is simply ridiculous - $1350!).

Casio Exilim V8 has 7x optical zoom, no protruding lens and vibration reduction. Moreover, it offers good quality video with stereo sound and possibility of zooming in and out (by 7x) during taking of the movie. Not less important to me was also reasonable price of its underwater housing. I have not tested yet this set up during scuba diving, but as soon as I will, I will report back here how well it performs.