Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rainforest of California Academy of Sciences

Two weeks ago Manja and Bartek were visiting me in San Francisco. During their visit I finally got to see the Rainforest exhibit of California Academy of Sciences. We had to wait in line around 40 minutes before we were let inside, but I am not complaining as I was waiting in a very nice company :) The Rainforest exhibit was nice, but I am really not sure if it was worth that long wait.

One of its highlights were Strawberry Poison-dart Frogs:




Leaf-cutters were also fascinating:


There were also many colorful butterflies flying around us:




During Manja's and Bartek's visit in SF we also went to Treasure Island, Muir Woods and Haight Ashbury:

Manja and Bartek on positively Haight street ;)


The most famous legs of Haight-Ashbury district:


Anil and I on the Treasure Island:


Manja and Bartek:


Bay bridge as seen from the Treasure Island: