Friday, July 3, 2009

mi padre in SF

On Monday evening my father and his wife arrived in San Francisco. To help them remember what happened where and when I will post here short descriptions of their daily activities. (Anyway, most of their activities involve me as well, so blogging will also help me remember their stay here.)

Day 1 - We went for a road trip to Muir Woods and Point Reyes. I was hoping that we would be able to hike a bit in Point Reyes NP, but it was so cold and windy that we went only for two short trips there (to the Pt Reyes Lighthouse and along Drakes Beach).

View of the Golden Gate Bridge (and my parents) from the Vista Point:


Muir Woods, two girls inside a redwood!


On the Earthquake Trail near Bear Valley visitor center (in Point Reyes NP) you can see a fence that moved 20ft apart during 1906 earthquake:


My father on the Drakes Beach:


Day 2 - While I was at work my parents went to downtown, Little Italy, Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf. In the evening they got to meet Anil and together we went to Twin Peaks, Lombard St and Treasure Island.

View from Twin Peaks:




Going down Lombard St:


At the bottom of Lombard St:




View to Bay Bridge and downtown SF from Treasure Island:


Day 3 - In the morning my parents went to the California Academy of Sciences and Golden Gate Park. In the afternoon I showed them around my work:





Day 4 - "Relaxation" day during which my parents went shopping. Different things relax different people...

Day 5, 6 & 7 - My parents go to visit Bartek and Manja in San Diego.