Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kauai - Opaekaa Falls & Wailua River Valley

On Kauai we stayed at Aloha Beach Resort, located on the east coast of the island on historic Wailua Bay. Both my parents and I liked it a lot and, therefore, I would highly recommend it. My parents were very happy with it mostly because we had our own cabana with a big terrace that reminded them of their own garden.

Here is my father in front of our cabana:


The whole resort was picture-perfect. It had several swimming pools, hot tubs and gardens full of flowers:


Also, just next to our hotel was located the Wailua Complex of Heiau (National Historic Landmark). It contains remains of heiau (places of worship), pu‘uhonua (places of refuge), and birthstones:


The hotel was also located just next to the beautiful beach that was offering great snorkeling options:


In general, there were many beautiful beaches on Kauai, especially along the northern coast on Kuhio Hwy. We went to explore several of them:




To the north of our hotel was sacred Wailua River. We followed the river inlands to get those beautiful views:


Opaekaa Falls, also located in Wailua River Valley:


A few miles north of our hotel was Coconut Market - a place with many nice shops and pretty gardens. Here is my father and I resting there and watching other people: