Tuesday, September 28, 2010

(pointed) update

  1. The Green Card is not as green as I thought it would be. And apparently it can transmit data wirelessly, which is a bit freaky.
  2. My husband's socks get wet when he washes dishes.
  3. It's gorgeous weather outside, but I can not enjoy it as I am feeling sick. Again.
  4. Both my husband and I are on the cabbage soup diet this week. It is tough, as we can not drink coffee. Next week we will switch to a high protein, low calories diet, which I plan to keep until I loose ~20 lbs.
  5. We reorganized our apartment and now it feels more like "ours" vs "mine".
  6. Learning Spanish goes well, we should be able find our way around, negotiate prices and get some food :)
  7. Christmas is here! The package with Christmas gifts that my parents sent to us from Poland already got here in a record time of 2.5 days. (My parents hurried with sending it as they wanted it to arrive before 14th of December... ) Thank you very much Polish Post Office (Poczta Polska) and USPS. Fedex, you suck. (Last time my parents sent me a letter by Fedex it got to me after 9 days... And it costed twice as much as sending 20 lbs by regular post that can get here in 2-3 days.)
  8. The last piece of equipment that we need to be ready for the Peru trip is 4-season tent. Well, it does not necessarily need to be 4-season, but it definitely should be able to withstand strong winds, heavy rainfall and snowfall. After a lot of research and looking at several different tents, we decided to buy REI Arete ASL.