Thursday, October 14, 2010

City of Taos and Taos Pueblo

The only reason that we went to the city of Taos was to visit Taos Pueblo, which lies about 1 mile (1.6 km) north of it.

Taos Pueblo is approximately 1000 years old and belongs to a Taos speaking Native American tribe of Pueblo people. It is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites as not only it is one of the oldest pueblos, but also is the only one that is continuously inhabited throughout its history. Unfortunately, because of the tribe's policy, I am not allowed to post any pictures that I took there, or I can be sued! (If you are friends with me on fb, you can check out some of the pictures there.)

Still, the visit to the pueblo was surprisingly nice and I would recommend it if you are in that part of the world.

After visiting the pueblo we went for a short visit to the church of San Francisco de Asis located in the city of Taos. We did not stop in the city itself as it looked overly touristy to us. But I can imagine that many people would enjoy it, so do not rely on my opinion about it...

San Francisco de Asis Church:






A few photos from the city of Taos, shot while driving: