Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Purisima Creek Redwoods

On Sunday Anne and Sebastian took me hiking to Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve. I'm proud to report that even though it was cold and drizzling, we still opted for one of the longest hikes in the park.

By stitching together the Whittemore Gulch, North Ridge, Craig Britton and Purisima Creek trails, we created a 9.1 mile (14.6 km) long loop trail that took us around 4h to complete. The hike was relatively level and it definitely did not feel as long as it was.

I'm sure that on a clear day, the views from the upper part of the trail would be spectacular, as even despite the low-hanging clouds we could occasionally see the ocean.

I'm pretty sure that I'll repeat this hike some time soon, as even with the limited views and rain, it was very beautiful and peaceful.


Rain makes forests even more beautiful: