Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fifth Marriage

In Hinduism, marriage is a sacred relationship that is not limited to this life alone but extends across seven or more lives. Call me crazy but when I was told that, I immediately knew that Anil and I must have been married at least four times before.

We have a such perfect relationship and we are so highly compatible with each other, that it just makes sense that we were already married before and that during those previous marriages we managed to sort out most of issues between us.

However, I have never thought that this is our last, seventh marriage. I have always had a feeling that there are still many things for us to experience together.

This life decided to challenge us with intercultural issues, and the fact that we managed to fight through them I'll take as a good sign both for this lifetime and the ones to come after it.