Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Indian Wedding - Bridal Make Up & Hairstyle

As all my wedding day outfits were red and most of them were Indian, I imagined myself in a Bollywood-style makeup that would emphasize my eyes and use strong colors. I was not sure if I would be able to apply such makeup myself, therefore I decided to hire a professional makeup artists to do it for me.

I picked Chris Scott from Makeup Gourmet as he had amazing yelp reviews and also his studio was located close to my house. Around a month before a wedding I scheduled an appointment with Chris for a makeup trial, and I was very pleased with the results. He convinced me that I should wear as delicate makeup as possible, and only "play my eyes" a bit. It was not what I was initially looking for, but upon seeing myself in the mirror after Chris finished applying the makeup, I got convinced that the natural makeup is the way to go.

Chris also convinced me to hire a professional hairstylist to do my hair. Initially (to save money) I planned to do my hair myself, but then I decided that it was more convenient to have somebody else do it for me. I hired a hairstylist recommended by Chris (Nicole) as that would simplify the process even further: they worked with each other before, and both of them could work on me simultaneously at Chris's studio, which would save me some time on my wedding day.

I scheduled a trial with Nicole and I was reasonably happy with her. She was not as interesting to talk to as Chris was, and I did not think that she did an outstanding job, but it was not bad either. Though I have to say that I think she did a better job with my hair during the trail than on the wedding day itself, which was a bit disappointing.

All in all I could definitely recommend Chris's services, but not Nicole's.


Makeup trial:

Hairstyle trial: