Friday, July 8, 2011

Clarion Alley Mural Project

Between Mission and Valencia, parallel to 17th and 18th streets, runs Clarion Alley - a free outdoor art gallery open 24 hours a day.

Clarion Alley has been an ongoing public art gallery since the 1960s, taking its current form in 1992. Many artists of all ages, ethnicities, levels of experience and artistic styles have contributed to making Clarion Alley what it is today: the best place in San Francisco for exciting emerging art.

Every time I go to Mission I try to visit Clarion Alley to see if there are any new murals. As far as I can tell, every few years some of the old ones disappear and new ones appear in their place, hence giving a chance to new artists to present their work. I took photos of two newish murals (second and third photo below), but I forgot to check who are their authors... Will need to repair that mistake next time I go there.


Welcome to Clarion Alley:

Sadly, I do not know who painted the following two murals:


Jet Martinez and Kelly Ording, 2005: