Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunset at Pa-Hay-Okee Overlook, Everglades National Park

We arrived at Pa-Hay-Okee Overlook in Everglades National Park when everybody else was leaving: I guess nobody has time anymore to enjoy sunsets. Or maybe they all got scared off by millions of mosquitoes that were particularly merciless in that part of the park?

I'm a romantic at heart, and a sucker for sunsets, so being the mosquitoes' dinner seemed like a fair price to pay to satisfy my aesthetical desires. And I can tell you that the sunset at the Pa-Hay-Okee overlook was worth the one hundred bites I endured. I was so determined to commit this sunset not only to my memory but also to the digital memory of my camera, that I even allowed the mosquitoes to bite my face: I couldn't fend them off, as my hands were busy keeping the camera still to take the shots you can see below. I hope you find them enjoyable and agree that they were worth my sacrifice.


Sunset at Pa-Hay-Okee Overlook, Everglades National Park

An owl at Pa-Hay-Okee Overlook, Everglades National Park

The moon over Pa-Hay-Okee Overlook, Everglades National Park



An owl and the moon, Pa-Hay-Okee Overlook, Everglades National Park